Translate My Blog!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

A Brief (and likely unneeded) Status Update

Some may be aware that the month of May has been a very rough month for me as a person. Between numerous personal issues (which are unimportant), my psyche started to be slammed. I began to gravely doubt my writing, something I'd always been so proud of. It was getting pretty crippling to the point that, even now, I'm apprehensive of posting a chapter because I've no idea how it will be received, or if it will be received well.

On top of this, we're layering the fact that I began to feel the hours of work and effort I put in were pointless. I've no idea about the world of AMVs, but when you see how recognized YouTubers are in our community while we scrabble and struggle for a scrap of recognition, myself working 9-10 hours on a single chapter straight. This wave of disheartening reality hit me like a sack of bricks and really brought my mind down.

I don't say this for pity points or the want for encouragement, but simply to inform those following me to understand why, perhaps, I've been behaving the way I have been. This obviously isn't affecting my posting schedule, but was something I felt it would be a disservice to ignore. Updates will continue as normal. That said, thanks to those who do support me.

Dare to Be Silly,
Epicocity

No comments:

Post a Comment